Privacy endangered notion (page 2) | Otago Daily Times Online News Keep Up to Date Local, National New Zealand & International NewsHere are my tips, quoted in several articles, to be careful about having someone videotape you without your permission:
Tips to avoid being a recorded target
Cyber-safety experts say there are steps you can take to protect yourself, including:
• Treat your cellphone and laptop like your cash card - keep them on you and in your sights at all times.
• Assume anyone holding a cellphone or other hand-held devices with photo capabilities may be taking your picture.
• Don't do anything in range of that camera that you don't want the world to see.
• Point web cameras up toward ceiling when not in use or close laptops with cameras.
• A camera on a laptop can be in use even if screen appears blank.
• Periodically use Google to search your name, your screen name or any other identifying information to ensure your image or information isn't being shared.
• The quicker you respond, the better chances you have that the images have not been copied.