Wednesday, October 11, 2006

My angel...."Jazz"

A few years ago I met one of our volunteers. She was caring, well-liked and gentle. She also made the mistake of offering to talk with me about doing more. I am famous for recruiting people for their skills and/or caring. She didn't know that at the time. I saw something special in her, never having met her in RL, judging her only on her online tone.

I tapped her ot help me build teenangels.org into a formidable force, empowering teens to help themselves and each other stay safer online.

I also asked her to cover for me on the John Walsh Show (since cancelled) that was honoring our teenangels. I scanned the audience for her, when I watched the show on TV. All I could see what this beautiful, well-mannered blonde with a warm and wonderful smile sitting in "Jazzangel's" seat. I didn't know who this woman was. It never occured to me that the one who had such a beautiful heart also was beautiful in a classic sense.

Rose (having since given up her screen name as one of the top three execs within WiredSafety.org) has created one of the most effective and efficient teams wiredsafety has ever had, and has taken teenangels from Parry's dream to a national and international reality.

Today she had a special birthday. I won't tell you which, because you would never believe me. I want to thank her for all she has done, and for all she will do...for her vision, patience and kindness...for being my angel and the angel of all those teenangels and tweenangels now and in the future.

Happy Birthday Rose.
with love and thanks,
Parry

No comments:

Post a Comment

Parry Aftab is interested in hearing ideas and questions about digital safety, privacy and cybersense. Please do not advertise or promote services or products or include a link, video or image in your comment.

Now for the boring legal stuff:
We reserve the right to delete and/or moderate any comments at any time.
Note that Parry Aftab does not respond to legal questions and cannot address specific issues about reported abuse.She cannot be retained as legal counsel online, and any prospective client must sign a retainer agreement before becoming a legal client of Ms. Aftab. Any legal discussions are educational and informational only and anything submitted may be made public on this blog.

Ms.Aftab reserves the right to report any abuse, threats or harassment to the requisite authorities.